Welcome to my blog! My name is Jeanelle. I am a photographer in Ridgeland, MS, and specialize in modern lifestyle portraits of children, babies, families, weddings & events. To view my website, you can click on the logo just below here, on the right. Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to leave a comment!
***All days are full - If you are interested in being put on the waiting list, in case of cancelations or if we can open a new day, please go ahead and send your contact info - waiting list people will be contacted in the order their email was sent****
It's THAT time of year again!!!
Yep, you guessed it...MINI-SESSIONS!
Be sure to read all the way to the end, to get all the details and rules!
This year, the sessions will be Fall/Christmas. Meaning - if you want season specific clothing, then plan accordingly. (I am not hinting that you should do season specific clothing, just telling you that if you do want it, you should start shopping). I personally love general clothing, so the photos will be able to be used year-round.
We will not have another set of mini-sessions before Christmas, so those of you intrested in our over 75 designs of Photo Cards, plan to use these images!
We will be posting our card designs soon! So be on the lookout!
The photos will be taken in downtown Canton, on the Historic Square.
For those of you who don't know, and a refresher for those who do...here's the skinny on a mini-session...
$25 gets you (2) 5x7's and a set of wallets
There's no sitting fee Sessions are 10 minutes each. You will be provided with an online album of your images, which are presented in both color and black and white. You can share this with friends and family, AND for all orders placed within 3 weeks of the album being finished, you'll get 20% off additional prints! All prints ordered after the 3 week period, will be regular price.
Now - some rules :(
- No double sessions this year. Meaning - one session per family. For Spring, we had too long of a waiting list, and with all the rain make-up dates we had, I never got to add another date to get everyone worked in. So, to be fair, and make it where more people can come, everyone is limited to only one session.
- If you STILL haven't ordered your prints from the Spring sessions, you HAVE to do that before Sept 13th (1st day of mini-sessions). You CAN go ahead and book your Fall session, but if you haven't ordered from your Spring Album by 09.13.09, then you lose your spot.
- ARRIVE EARLY. If you are 5 minutes late getting to the photo spot, then that leaves you 5 minutes to take pics, not 10. We book back to back, with no breaks, so if we get off schedule, that makes everyone off-schedule. Allow yourself time to arrive, find a parking spot, find Gabe to check in and pay, then find me. Also - if you plan to change the child's clothing once you arrive, so outfits don't get wrinkled or spit-up on - then plan early for that, as well.
- INFANTS - Your child MUST be able to at least lie on the ground and hold their heads up WELL in order to do these sessions. And, he/she must be comfortable lying on brick or concrete. I don't use blankets in urban sessions, it takes away from the look completely. If your child isn't able to do this, then a regular session is better suited for you.
I will have 5 pettiskirts available for use. If you plan to use one, arrive early enough to choose a color and put it on and get to photo spot.
Below I will post the dates. Send an email to email@example.com or call 601.405.6969 ( No Facebook messages, please)
with the following info...
Dates usually fill up quickly, so if you aren't around your computer often, to check email for return confirmation, then calling may be a better option for you.
- Your Name
- Phone #
- Children's Names & Ages
- If your children have any food allergies to any treats we may provide (Marshmellows, M&M's & Smarties are usually our drugs of choice)
- Your first date choice - with top 4 time slot choices - remembering that we go in 10 minute increments, starting on the hour...(i.e., 2:00. 2:10, 2:20, etc)
- An alternate date with time choices - in case your first choices are full.
- If you are a new client, please tell me who referred you
Ok - I don't think I've left anything out, but with Gabby Grace calling me into her room every 5 minutes, its hard to focus right now!
Sunday - September 13 - 10-2:30 FULL
Sunday - September 20 - 10-2:30 FULL
Sunday - September 27 - 10-2:30 FULL
Sunday - October 4th - 10-2:30 FULL
We may possibly open up a weeknight or two - late evening - like 5:20pm-7pm - but that's only a maybe right now. If Sundays are completely out of the question for you, then email me and let me know that. Those people will get first choice on the possible weekdays that we may open.
We chose to shoot on Sundays, because the square is closed on Sundays. I don't want to interfere with the flow of shopping traffic, and I don't want people in the background of my photos.
Pic of Gabby, taken on the square - click to enlarge
PS - Always remember, scanning/copying photos, trying get screen shots, using my photos on a christmas card, birth announcement, birthday invite, etc that I didn't provide you...is a copyright crime, and is just plain NOT COOL. If you are caught doing any of these things, I will never photograph you again. ☺
I went to Clinton last week to shoot the lovely Sanders family. The funniest part of the shoot was when I first arrived...I couldn't find the front door! LOL
Seriously - that sounds nuts, but if you saw this cool house, you'd understand!
I almost had to call to ask how to get into the house, when I finally found a pathway that led me to a door!
We started shooting inside the boys' room, it has lovely natural light. We shot some more inside upstairs, then headed outside. They have a beautiful pond and lots of foliage on their property. And perfect afternoon NON-sun! Almost every spot in the yard was perfect for shooting!
Here are a couple of sneaky peeks for Tekla & David!